Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Bailey Session: Part Two

Back in late August when the weather was still warm (ahhh...I miss August), I was approached by Angi who was looking for someone to take some portraits of her family. I was thrilled, seriously...but then she told me that she had a prop in mind...a rather large prop—a 1957 Chevy! Are you kidding me??? How much fun are we gonna have with that!!! My brain started formulating all kinds of fun ideas before we were even off the phone. I got online to do some visual research and couldn't find much at all...until I came to a picture of a family enjoying a picnic in front of their car...it was so sweet and what you imagine a typical Sunday may have been like in the 1950's.

Before each session even takes place, I offer my clients a pre-session phone consultation or an inspiration board to help style the shoot. I love creating these boards. They are just as much fun for me as they are for the clients who they are (hopefully) going to inspire. However, since this session was shot, I have discovered Pinterest and let me tell you, it's beyond just inspiring, it's highly addicting!!!

But I digress...After a few weeks of gathering wardrobe options, Angi calls to tell me she is ready to finalize an appointment date and oh, by the way, a friend is lending her a vintage 50's dress that just so happens to fit the color scheme we are working with...I'm secretly doing the happy dance while we are on the phone! She also found her dad's old glasses, vintage pearl jewelry, a fedora and some cute things for her girls to wear...oh and did I mention accordions? Her parents used to play them...they are sentimental and perfect for our shoot! Look out Mad Men, you ain't got nothing on the Baily family!

Without further adieu...here is their fabulous 50's flashback...For part one of this shoot, please click here.

7 comments:

  1. ABSOLUTELY LOVE!!!! Just did my family portraits with this style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the feel of these images! Love the post! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the vintage styling and editing, very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how cute ! You're a very lucky photographer you know that, right ? :P
    In France I would never find such a cool old car...we have old cars too, but not this kind :) Oh and all the props ! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, these are beyond cool! Just wish they were a little bigger in your post so I could see better. The first ones of the family with the car were great, but these are super fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angi is my neice , her mom Verna is my sister..
    I learned how to drive in the 57 Chev and so did many family members. thank you for the great pictures and articles. Do we have the chance to purchase this series? Would love it for our family album.
    Dee

    ReplyDelete