Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Bailey Session: Part One

Let me just start off by saying, I have been waiting FOREVER to share this session with all of you, but wanted to present them to my clients first. Well, yesterday was the viewing session so the wait is finally over!

When we were discussing the details of their session and styling the shoot, I suggested going for a look that reflected the retro style of the 50's era. As a result, we ended up with some really fun images which I will share with you tomorrow. Below are some of my favorite images from the session before we flashed back to the past.

As you may recall, the Bailey's requested a family shoot prior to selling their family's vintage 1950's Chevy. This beautiful car has been in their family for a couple generations and is now restored to it's original sassy condition. As I understand it, the car was previously owned by my client's mother who lovingly restored it and left it in her daughter's care after she passed away. According to my client, the day of her mother's memorial, the passenger side window mysteriously cracked and left a starburst pattern in the glass as you can see in a couple of the images below.

The beauty of this series is that it tells the story of a family's relationship with a truly remarkable car. It has hints of time gone by and is fun in it's own right, however, these images have special meaning to the family, especially to Mrs. Bailey who grew up riding in this classic Chevy. It was truly an honor to be a part of such a special session...Enjoy!



6 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, what a fun shoot and a wonderful "prop" I bet selling it was hard for them...it really is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love classic cars. These photos are gorgeous. And the blue does really make he images pop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I can't imagine selling that beauty!! it's my fave color too:) Looks like such fun, nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are soooooo cool! Love the story, and how you captured the details too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great pictures. Looking at those brought back so many memories..When we were kids and playing in the 57, while my aunt was working in the fields..

    ReplyDelete