Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Lip Service

Today I would like to talk about one of my favorite must-haves for a photo session...well, at least if you are a woman anyway! I'm talking about lipgloss or lipstick. Dry, chapped lips are not very flattering, so I always encourage women to apply a fresh coat right before a shoot. Even young girls will benefit from a quick once over with a clear lip gloss.

If you were to look in my purse right now, you would think I was obsessed with lipgloss. Well, I'm here to tell you that I AM...it's one of my favorite accessories and I have quite a collection! I love lipgloss and that's why I am super excited about a new product that has launched from Sophisticated Rebel called the Slimstick.

This newly designed lipstick is such a smart and innovative way to approach cosmetics...and who doesn't love innovation? Smart design is why we love our iPhones and iPads and why I am a 20 year Mac user. Not only do these products have a hip factor that most of their competitors lack, but they also function in a way that makes them invaluable. You get form AND function in one product! But I digress...


Here are some of the features that make the Slimstick a must have:

  • It's flat shape also doubles as a mirror, so you don't need to pack around a compact
  • The cap is hinged so you just flip it open to use
  • It can be attached to a necklace or keychain and fits easily in the smallest of pockets
  • The new lipstick formula contains less wax than traditional lipstick






Check out the video on their launch page and learn how you can purchase your own Slimstick before they are even available in stores!  >>> Slimstick

9 comments:

  1. Great tips! Something people may overlook, but chapped lips never look or feel good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, so going to check out this lipstick. Love the packaging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great info to have! thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's innovative for sure ! Did you try it yet ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right now they are taking pre-orders, so I don't have one yet to try.

      Delete
  5. Ok, that lipstick design is freaking amazing! It looks like a flash drive or something. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alyssa, Thank you so much for your review and post!! I am one of the co-founders of this new product and company and I grew up with Alyssa :) Just want to make sure that folks know that you can pre-order on the site and be one of the first to have a slimstik. You pick the lipcolor you want at the time of fulfillment.

    ReplyDelete